Buy Gold Bullion Online
Throughout history, Gold has had a constant presence and maintained value. The yellow Precious Metal’s significant cannot be overstated, as there is no other metal in the world with its prominence in both history and current value. Whether Gold bullion was used in international trade between nations or as a standard unit of commerce – its influence has continued to be a standard by which affluence is measured. Gold bullion transcends language and cultural barriers.
The value of Gold is consistent across the globe. Today, investors buy Gold to use as a hedge against inflation and market volatility. APMEX carries a large selection of Gold bullion products – from Gold bars, Gold coins and Gold rounds, there is something for every investor or collector within our assortment. You may have question on where to buy Gold, but rest assured, buying Gold bullion at APMEX is easy with our large selection and fast shipping. APMEX carries popular Gold products from mints across the globe, including the U.S. Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, The Perth Mint, Mexican Mint and many more.
Gold Bullion Coins
Gold bullion coins come in several different sizes and designs, providing a diverse selection. Investors of all types can find value in purchasing Gold coins from reputable Gold dealers. Gold coins often serve as collectible investments because of their design, scarcity and demand. With each passing year, new coins are minted in different variations which may never be produced again. APMEX only sells Gold coins minted by the most trusted mints in the world. Here are some of our most popular Gold coins for sale:
- American Gold Eagle: One of the most popular Gold bullion coins in the world, the American Gold Eagle has been a staple since its introduction in 1986. APMEX carries the popular Gold eagle in 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz sizes, in addition to convenient Gold Eagle sets for easy collection. This classic American coin comes in Gold and Silver, in addition to Platinum and Palladium. Buying Gold Eagles online is quick and easy with our vast selection and satisfaction guarantee.
- Austrian Gold Philharmonic: First minted in 1989, the Gold Philharmonic was created as a Gold tribute to the renowned Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, one of the world's most well-known orchestras. These stunning .9999 fine Gold Austrian coins come in a wide variety of sizes, including 20 oz, 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, and 1/25 oz options, in addition to Gold Philharmonic sets. Our vast selection of sizes makes buying Gold Philharmonics online easy for collectors and investors with budgets of all sizes.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo: The Kangaroo Gold coins were first introduced in 1987, making them Australia’s longest-running Gold bullion coin series. At first, the reverse of these coins depicted an Australian Gold Nugget. In 1989, the design changed and instead featured a more widely recognized symbol of Australia: the kangaroo. Gold Bullion coins from this series are issued by The Perth Mint in 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/20 oz and 1/2 gram sizes with face values in Australian dollars. In addition to these typical sizes, the Kangaroo Gold coins have also been released in larger sizes, including 2 oz, 10 oz and 1 kilo coins and issues as Gold coin sets. Buying Gold Kangaroos online is quick when you shop with APMEX.
- British Gold Britannia: Introduced by The Royal Mint in 1987, the Britannia coins have played a significant role in the coin market. Gold Britannias are issued in 1 oz, 1/2 oz , 1/4 oz , 1/10 oz, 1/20 oz and 1/40 oz sizes with face values in British pounds (£) of £100, £50, £25, and £10, respectively. They are .9167 fine Gold and are legal tender in Great Britain. In 2013, the fineness of these Gold bullion coins increased to .9999 fine. Buy Gold Britannias online with APMEX.
- Canadian Gold Maple Leaf: In 1979, the Royal Canadian Mint began the production of Gold bullion, with $50-denomination Gold Maple Leaf one-ounce coins. Since these Canadian Gold coins were introduced in 1979, they have been in high demand. These Canadian classics come in a variety of sizes, including 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/20 oz and 1 gram. Each coin is legal Canadian Gold tender guaranteed by the Government of Canada for its weight and purity. At up to .99999 fine Gold, Maple Leaf coins are sought after for their premium Gold content and beautiful design.
- Chinese Gold Panda: Issued by the People's Republic of China since 1982, the Chinese Gold Pandas are .999 fine Gold. In 2016, the People's Republic of China began minting Gold Pandas in metric system sizes to better suit the international appeal of the coins. While not an exact conversion, the new gram sizes provide the closest metric equivalent to the similarly sized ounce counterparts, 1 oz replaced by 30 grams, 1/2 oz replaced by 15 grams, 1/4 oz replaced by 8 grams, 1/10 oz replaced by 3 grams, and 1/20 oz replaced by 1 gram. The Gold Pandas are also available in larger sizes, such as 5 oz, 12 oz, and 1 kilo sizes. Add these unique sizes to your collection or portfolio by buying Gold on APMEX.
- Mexican Gold Libertad: Struck by one of the oldest North American mints, la Casa de Moneda de Mexico, the Mexican Libertad Gold coin has been popular since its introduction in 1981. These stunning Gold coins are issued in fractional sizes of 1/20 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz and 1/2 oz, along with the more familiar 1 oz coins. The Gold Libertad is unique, being the only Gold coin issued in the world that has no face value stamped on the coin, yet is accepted as currency. Made from .999 fine Gold, this exceptionally stunning Gold coin resembles the design of the renowned 50 Peso Gold Coin known as the Centenario.
- South African Gold Krugerrand: The Gold Krugerrand is prized around the world, with a highly sought-after design inspired by history. This popular Gold bullion coin comes in 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz sizes, in addition to Gold Krugerrand sets. Our selection includes all of these popular sizes, making it easy for you to add these Gold bullion coins to your portfolio or collection.
Gold coins can be struck with a variety of purity levels, from the .9167 fineness of the Gold Eagle to the .9999 fine Gold Maple, and some coins even have the .99999 fine Gold designation. It is common for Gold bullion coins to have a face value issued by their sovereign country. For example, the 1 oz Gold Eagle has a denomination of $50.00, backed by the U.S. Dollar, and the 1 oz Gold Britannia has a denomination of 100 Pounds, backed by the Pound Sterling. Gold coins are commonly issued in 1 ounce, but many also have fractional sizes of 1/20 oz to 1/2 oz. The Gold coin price will vary from coin to coin and fluctuation with the spot price of Gold.
Gold Bullion Bars
Gold bars come in a variety of sizes from 1/2 gram to 1 kilo or more, and every size in between. The most commonly traded Gold bars are 1 oz or less, often purchased by avid investors. No matter which form of Gold bar you choose, you can rest assured knowing you’ll own the most authentic form of currency in the history of the world. Gold bars generally match sovereign coins in content and purity, but cost less over Gold spot price than Gold coins because they’re usually minted privately. APMEX sells Gold produced by Argor-Heraeus, Credit Suisse, Valcambi, The Perth Mint and other respected Gold companies. Each Gold bar is stamped with its exact Gold weight, fineness and a serial number for added security.
Gold Bullion Rounds
Investors who are solely interested in Gold’s stable purchasing power can find security in Gold rounds
. Gold rounds are circular discs often manufactured by private mints, though sometimes produced by government mints. They have no “face value” and are not recognized as legal tender. Though not as collectible as some Gold coins, Gold rounds are minted to an equally high standard with beautifully detailed designs, clean striking and a mirrored finish. Gold rounds come in a number of different sizes from 1 gram to 12 oz, and every size in between. The most commonly traded Gold bullion rounds are 1 oz or less.
Buy Gold Online from APMEX
If you need assistance in figuring out where to buy Gold coins, or if you should have any issue placing an order for Gold bullion on APMEX.com, we are eager to assist you. Our team of highly trained customer service associates can answer any questions on how to buy Gold, and can be reached by email or telephone, please call (800) 375-9006 or email service@APMEX.com. You can also sell Gold to APMEX by calling our Purchasing team at (800) 514-6318 to speak to one of our representatives or learn more about how to sell Gold to APMEX.
APMEX Customer Reviews
For 20 years, APMEX has provided customers with an easy shopping experience they can trust. We pride ourselves on transparency and consider every customer review to be valuable feedback. Please take a moment to read our reviews from valued customers on Gold bullion and more. We welcome and encourage feedback – each review allows us to improve your Precious Metals buying experience.