What are the U.S. shipping, handling
and insurance charges?
APMEX offers free shipping to our customers when you spend $99 or more†. We have no minimum order requirement; however, orders under $99 will be charged a shipping fee of $9.95.
Please note, Citadel orders under $500 will be charged a $9.95 shipping fee.
† Domestic orders only.
How long will it take to get my package?
APMEX generally packages and ships your order the following way (applies to domestic orders only):
- Credit Card, Bank Wire, PayPal, Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash Orders (containing Pre-33 Gold, kilo Gold bars, Jewelry, other items not designated with the QuickShip® logo or orders shipped to our Citadel subsidiary) - Ship within 3 business days following the date of confirmed payment.
- Credit Card, Bank Wire, PayPal, Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash Orders (not containing Pre-33 Gold, kilo Gold bars, Jewelry, other items not designated with the QuickShip® logo or orders shipped to our Citadel subsidiary) - Ship within 1 business day* following the date of confirmed payment.
- All Personal Check and eCheck Orders - Ship after a 4 business day holding period to verify funds. Additional holding days may be added if your bank delays confirmation of your check payment. Due to an increase in fraudulent activity, we no longer view bank/certified/cashier’s checks to be “as good as cash”. They are now also held for verification of funds.
- C.O.C. Orders (containing Pre-33 Gold or Jewelry) - Ship within 3 business days following the order date.
- C.O.C. Orders (not containing Pre-33 Gold or Jewelry) - Ship within 1 business day following the order date.
All these timelines exclude weekends and holidays.
* APMEX will provide our QuickShip® Program with
How long will it take to ship my order?
Once your payment has cleared, we will begin packaging and
Do you ship internationally?
Yes. Please see the International FAQ section.
How do you wrap your packages?
All our packages are carefully and discretely wrapped, typically in brown or white corrugated boxes and do not to give any indication as to the contents inside.
How is my order shipped?
APMEX orders are shipped Registered/Insured U.S. Mail, & UPS. Each package is fully insured and may require a signature upon delivery. Packages can take on average 1-10 business days for delivery. The tracking number will be provided via email to you upon
Is my package insured while in transit?
APMEX fully insures all of its shipments. Should anything happen while your package is in transit to you, it will be covered by our insurance
When we ship to you, if metals are lost or damaged in transit, it is our responsibility to pursue any claim with the insurance company. If we determine the package is lost or damaged, we file a claim. We reserve the right to re-ship your items or refund your money at our discretion.
My order was delivered but is incomplete or I have some other issue with my order.
If your order was delivered with no signs of being tampered with, but appears to be incomplete or missing product, please contact us within thirty (30) days of receipt.
Please note that notification of issues for tampered packages must be made within two (2) business days and any return requests must be submitted within seven (7) days from receipt.
My package appears to have been damaged or tampered with. What should I do?
We recommend you refuse any shipment that appears to be damaged or tampered with as the shipping insurance ends once signed for and/or delivered. When refused, the package(s) will return to APMEX for inspection. If you have taken possession of a damaged or tampered package, please save all packaging and contact APMEX at (800) 375-9006 within 48 hours for further instructions. Failure to notify us of damage or tampering within 48 hours from
Does APMEX ever back order items?
Supply and demand problems occasionally occur in our business. From time to time, we have more buyers than sellers. If this should happen, we reserve the right to delay delivery up to 30 days (From your expected shipping date) to fill your order. Even if the price continues to rise, your price is locked in. We will deliver your bullion (Non-Numismatic) product within 30 days. If you ordered a numismatic or supply item which has previously sold or we are out of stock on, we will either place it on back order, attempt to locate another or a refund will be given. Should the value of your items decrease in that time period, you will not be entitled to any market gain.
Can you ship my order to a post office box?
Yes, orders shipped registered and insured U.S. mail can be sent to a P.O. Box. If a different shipping method is used, you must specify a street address for shipment. A signature may be required upon delivery of your package.
My package appears to be lost. What should I do?
We see very few delivery issues with our carriers, but sometimes delays do occur. In those situations, we appreciate your patience to wait a little longer for your package (at least 7 business days) before contacting us. Should the package not arrive, an investigation of the shipment is required before any order is reshipped or refunded. We may ask you to file a police report if it appears loss is due to theft or tampering. Your assistance speeds up the investigation and the sooner we complete it, the sooner we can resolve the missing order.
Is a signature required for my shipment?
Packages we ship may not require a signature for delivery. If you want to ensure someone signs for your delivery, you can add a signature requirement to your order during the online checkout process for $3.95. If your package(s) are routed to be shipped by USPS and you are not shipping to a P.O. box, you may select UPS to deliver your package via ground service for $7.95. Expedited shipping, whether via UPS or the U.S. Postal Service, requires a signature for delivery.