Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of 500 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 kilo (32.15 oz) of .999 fine Silver.
- Includes certificate of authenticity with a unique serial number, a book detailing the Aztec Calendar's history, a laser-etched timber display case and a magnifying glass.
- Obverse: Sculptural relief of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States) and surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.
- Reverse: Aztec calendar design, Casa de Moneda de México mintmark, face value followed by the year of minting and the legend "1 kg Plata Pura Ley .999" (1 kg Pure Silver Fineness .999).
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This truly is a collector's dream item and definitely a must-have. Add this 2017 1 kilo Silver Mexican Aztec Calendar coin to your cart today!
A Silver Kilo coin was first released in 2007, displaying a beautiful design of the Aztec Calendar. The Aztec Calendar design originates from the calendar system that was used by the Aztecs, consisting of a 365 day calendar cycle, and a 260 day ritual cycle. These two cycles combine together to form a 52 year century. The 365 day calendar cycle is known as "xiuhpohualli", or the "counting of the years", based on the solar cycle. This calendar was divided into 18 groups of 20 days each. The 260 day ritual cycle, known as "tonalpohualli", or the "counting of the days", most likely based on astronomy. This calendar cycle was broken into units of 20 days, and ran simultaneously with a group of 13 numbered days. The Aztec calendar stone that displays this calendar system also has the face of the Aztec sun god, Tonatiuh, in the center of the stone, surrounded by four square panels honoring previous ages of the world.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Apr 26, 2019
This is a most beautiful coin I have ever seen. The details are breathtaking and incredible. Not surprised at all that this design won an award. The rounds featuring the same calendar just could not compete. The Aztec history makes this coin special. The original box and stand work well. The booklet and certificate are very informative. Glad that the coin came in a capsule. There was a minor damage to the capsule, but the coin was intact.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.