2016 Fiji 2 oz Proof Silver Domed "Captain America" Shield
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsCaptain America's shield has become a fixture of Marvel lore and a globally recognized icon. Now on a fascinating dome-shaped 2 oz Silver coin, this officially licensed Marvel product brings the superhero's shield to life!
- Each coin contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver in a Proof finish.
- Each coin comes in a gorgeous black-lacquer display case made specifically for the 75th anniversary of the shield, which first debuted alongside Cap in 1941. A shield replica is embedded into the box lid, and inside your coin is encapsulated in a domed capsule while surrounded by white satin. Includes a 2 gram Silver certificate of authenticity that is individually numbered.
- Limited mintage of only 7,500 coins, making them very collectible for both coin collectors as well as Marvel fans.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the legal tender value of Fiji “2 Dollars”.
- Reverse: Each coin has a brilliant, Proof colorized finish that's in a domed shape to recreate Cap's iconic red, white and blue shield. The domed capsule does a fantastic job of protecting your coin and makes it more pleasing to hold than a standard flat capsule.
- The world's first two ounce Silver domed shape coin.
Add this 2016 2 oz Silver “Captain America" Shield coin to your cart today!
For 75 years now, the simple red, white and blue shield has been alongside Captain America. Super-Soldier Steve Rogers, the First Avenger, was encased in arctic ice before being rediscovered in the modern era. A stunning specimen, the shield is constructed in the series from a Vibranium-metal alloy that has never been duplicated, making it virtually indestructible.
A wonder of engineering, the shield has great aerodynamic properties; it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric design, enable it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum and absorb massive impacts without sustaining damage.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jul 14, 2017
Is silver cheap? Yes, compared to gold but this collectible is priceless. The simple design of Captain America's shield is brilliant, timeless and has value beyond it's metallurgic pedigree. I know that I will look back on this purchase and ask myself why didn't i buy five!?!
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.