Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual rounds will come in a capsule along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Proof-Like with a mintage of only 10,000.
- Obverse: Features the Jefferson Skull Scroll along with the date, designer's initial, In God We Trust and Liberty are the only remaining devices left from the original coin.
- Reverse: Depicts Mini-Man & Train originally engraved in 2014. All of the original inscriptions are left intact.
- Edge-marked with a unique mint number.
Protect and display your Silver round in style by adding an attractive presentation box recommended for this round.
Add this classic 1 oz Silver Hobo Nickel Replica Round of the Jefferson Skull to your cart today!
The hobo nickel is a coin that has had its original artwork altered into a new design by the homeless, often referred to as hobos, and then sold to make money. The U.S. nickel is a favorite coin to use due to the softness, size and thickness of the coin.
When the Buffalo nickel, or Indian Head, was introduced in 1913, it became popular among coin engravers. The large Native American head gave the artists a large template to work from that allowed finer detail work to be done. With this large template to work from, the hobo nickel became highly popular. Due to the softness of the metal in the nickel, hobo nickel tools could be made from any crude tool that could make a scratch, displace or punch into the coin.
The artwork of each hobo nickel is unique. Some hobo nickel artists would repeat specific designs due to their popularity, but most tried to create something new with each coin. Whether you are a veteran hobo nickel collector, or you are looking to start a hobo nickel collection, these Silver hobo nickel replicas at APMEX are perfect for you.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Sep 30, 2017
I collect "skull" silver and this id a great addition to my stack. Replica of original design nickel is bang on. Detailed strike, nice round.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.