Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The koala is one of Australia's most popular animals, accounting for the exceptional success of the Australian Koala series that began in 2007. This coin has a Privy mark of a Kangaroo from Australia!
Each year features a new design, adding collectibility to the .999 fine Silver content. Limited mintage of only 50,000 coins!
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule. Multiples of 20 come in sealed rolls, and multiples of 100 come in cardboard boxes with sealed rolls inside.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Reverse: Portrays a koala sitting at the base of a eucalyptus tree with another tree in the background. There is a small kangaroo privy mark in the field of this coin. Also included is the year, weight, and the traditional Perth Mint "P" mintmark.
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
This Kangaroo Privy Koala coin is the first of its kind and will be followed in years to come by other Lunar Privy Koala coins.
Protect and display your Silver Koala in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Koalas are loved around the world, and now you can bring home your very own Silver Koala. Add this 2017 1 oz Silver Koala to your cart today!
Beginning in 2007, the Perth Mint introduced the Silver Koala series in both Gold and Silver. Each year features a different design of this animal that is so strongly associated with Australia.
Australian Silver Koala coins are produced in both 1 oz and 1 kilogram size, with the mintage of the 1 oz size capped at just 300,000 coins. This makes the Australian Silver Koala one of the most collectible bullion series. The Koala, along with the Kookaburra, Lunar Series, and Kangaroo form what has continued to be a robust line of high quality bullion products from the Perth Mint of Australia.
When early European settlers first encountered koalas in Australia, they thought the tree-climbing animals were monkeys or bears. Even though they're still referred to by some as "koala bears", they're actually marsupials like kangaroos and wombats.
Koalas have special physical characteristics that complement their tree-dwelling lifestyle. They're able to grip branches and pick eucalyptus leaves with their two opposable digits, and their tough skin and sharp claws provide traction in climbing. They even have extra thick fur on their seat so they can sit comfortably on branches for hours! Unique to Australia, these animals are a perfect theme for an iconic coin series.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
From:Allegheny Cty, Pa
Date:Jun 27, 2017
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.