Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
These magnificent Silver coins celebrate the Year of the Dog, the 11th animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. A landmark coin series of the highest regard, the Perth Lunars package beautiful designs and universal appeal all in one program.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value and Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: The design is shown in full color and features a German Shepherd and pup lying in grass with Chinese peony flowers in the background. The Chinese character for "dog" and the inscription "Year of the Dog" also appear in the design with The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
APMEX is an authorized distributor of Perth Mint products, allowing APMEX to get coins directly from the Perth Mint and pass them along to you. This Year of the Dog coin would make a great addition to any lunar collection. Add this spectacular 2018 1/2 oz Silver Year of the Dog Colorized coin to your cart today!
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from .9999 fine Silver, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar dog include 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006 and 2018. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be loyal, amiable, kind and friendly.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Cave Man
Date:Apr 20, 2018
I found the 1 oz Australian lunar coins to be kind of pricey, how ever the 1/2 oz collared coin is very reasonable. Also i have them back to the 2014 Horse. they come in a capsule, and all of them look like a PCGS 70 coin, PERFECT!!! the only draw back is they are very limited mintage. Some of the years are on sale for only a few weeks, and you can't program a text alert because until APMEX has the coin, they don't assign it a product number, so you can't program an alert. If you miss he BU 1/2 version, you can spend $50 to get the Proof 1/2 oz version, that you can't tell the difference from the $15 BU version. Grate coin, just got to be on your toes to get one.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.