Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
A beautiful expression of one’s hopes for the year ahead, the ages-old tradition of hanging Fai Chun is a quintessential part of preparations for the Chinese New Year. This rectangular coin re-creates the auspicious symbols, colors and images of the banners that adorn doors as an invitation for luck and fortune to enter.
- Contains 1.67 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued black clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 5,888 coins.
- Obverse: The unique obverses of both coins feature the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Depicts two vertical Chicuntao banners that offer symbolic meaning of luck good fortune adorn the reverse of the coin.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this Silver $8 Chinese Blessings Rectangle coin to your cart today!
Like a door adorned with traditional Fai Chun paper decorations, the reverse design by Canadian artist Aries Cheung offers a festive greeting and a wish for luck and fortune throughout the year. Two vertical Chiuntao banners and the diamond-shaped Doufang at the center are brought to life by a deep red color application and the use of translucent color, which mimics the look of traditional Gold foil. Together, these rich colors magnify the symbolic meaning of the calligraphic characters for “good wishes” (right), “auspiciousness” (left) and “good luck” or “fortune” (center). This powerful blessing is further enhanced by various symbolic images, including a jade “ru yi” (right); an “auspicious” tangerine (left); and a repeating motif of a stylized bat or fú, which is homophonous with the word it surrounds.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.