Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The final coin creates a unifying tribute as previous coins in this eight-coin series all featured the winged figure from the 1919 Victory Medal as a design flourish; here, its gold-plated, sculpted beauty highlights the legacy of those who bravely served in a war that transformed Canada and shaped the 20th century.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 10,000 coins.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a graphic outer box.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of King George V by Sir E.B. Mackennal.
- Reverse: Commemorates the centennial of the armistice signed near Compiègne, France, on November 11,
1918 — an agreement that ended the fighting across the Western Front. The image is a gold-plated
reproduction of the winged figure of Victory by sculptor William McMillan (1887-1977), whose design graced
the obverse of the Victory Medal issued within the British Empire in 1919. The full-length view of this
classic-styled allegory finds Victory standing with her left arm raised, her right hand holding a palm branch;
behind her, engraved rays that represent hope for a peaceful future fill the field and heighten the luminous
nature of the sculpted design.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this brilliant Silver Battlefront Series Armistice commemorative coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.