Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Individual rounds come in a box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features Lady Liberty holding a torch in one hand and an olive branch in the other, stepping forward, with an array of rays behind, and a depiction of the U.S. Capital Building to the lower left with stars and the word “LIBERTY” around the periphery.
- Reverse: Displays the words, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” encircling the top of the coin, and the words “TWO TROY OUNCES” just under. A left-facing eagle in flight below with a sun at the bottom and rays spreading across the entire field behind
- Not a legal tender coin.
This beautiful 2 oz Gold round would be an ideal gift or someone looking to add an aspect of collectibility to their holdings. Add this 2 oz Gold round to your cart today!
Struck in the smaller 39 mm format creating a thicker look and feel.
Saint-Gaudens took great interest in the “art of the coin”: his $20 Gold piece, the double eagle coin he designed for the U.S. Mint, was adapted for minting and was first struck in 1907 in ultra-high relief (only 20 minted). The coin took up to eleven strikes to bring up the detail. The ultra-high relief did not strike properly and was deemed impractical for commerce. The design was then flattened and a high-relief version was minted. Even though it took eight strikes less, it was still considered impractical for commerce. The coin was finally modified to a normal-relief version, which was minted from 1907-1933. It is still considered to be one of the most beautiful American coins ever issued.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Apr 10, 2019
Just received this piece today and all I can say about it is “WOW!”. Absolutely stunning and spectacular in every way. I would give this coin 6 out of 5 stars if I could. I also bought the 1910 Indian version too which was nice but this saint gaudens just blows it out of the water there’s no comparison. Amazing.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.