Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Individual rounds come in a box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features a left-facing bust of Liberty wearing an Indian feather headdress; 13 stars surmount the design.
- Reverse: Features a standing eagle on a perch of bundled arrows and an olive branch. To the right of the Eagle’s head are the words “E PLURIBUS UNUM” and next to the eagle’s breast is the motto “IN GOD WE TRUST” On the outer periphery are the words “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and metal weight “TWO TROY OUNCES.”
- Not a legal tender coin.
This beautiful 2 oz Gold round would be an ideal gift or someone looking to add an aspect of collectibility to their holdings. Add this 2 oz Gold round to your cart today!
Struck in the smaller 39 mm format creating a thicker look and feel.
The Indian Head eagle was a $10 Gold piece or eagle struck by the United States Mint continuously from 1907 until 1916, and then irregularly until 1933. The obverse and reverse were designed by sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens, originally commissioned for use on other denominations. He was suffering from cancer at the time and did not survive to see the coins released.
Though called the “Indian Head Gold Eagle”, the obverse design is not actually that of an American Indian but of Lady Liberty facing to the left wearing an Indian headdress or feather war bonnet with “LIBERTY” inscribed on the headband of the bonnet. Above the bust design are 13 stars to represent the original states or colonies.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Mar 9, 2019
This is an absolute stunner of a coin. The photo's don't do it justice. It comes in a protective cover and a really nice box with magnetic closure. It's huge and really heavy. I think that I got the last two, but wished that I had bought more. Will definitely be buying more when they become available. As usual, top-notch packaging & super fast delivery from Apmex.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.