- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of 500 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 kilo (32.15 oz) of .999 fine Silver.
- Includes a certificate of authenticity with a unique serial number, a laser-etched timber display case and a magnifying glass.
- Obverse: Sculptural relief of the national shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States) and surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.
- Reverse: Aztec calendar design, Casa de Moneda de México mint mark, face value followed by the year of minting and the legend "1 kg Plata Pura Ley .999" (1 kg Pure Silver Fineness .999).
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This truly is a collector's dream item and definitely a must-have. Add this 2019 1 kilo Silver Mexican Aztec Calendar coin to your cart today!
A Silver kilo coin was first released in 2007, displaying a beautiful design of the Aztec calendar. The Aztec calendar design originates from the calendar system that was used by the Aztecs, consisting of a 365 day calendar cycle, and a 260 day ritual cycle. These two cycles combine together to form a 52 year century. The 365 day calendar cycle is known as "xiuhpohualli," or the "counting of the years," based on the solar cycle. This calendar was divided into 18 groups of 20 days each. The 260 day ritual cycle, known as "tonalpohualli," or the "counting of the days," most likely based on astronomy. This calendar cycle was broken into units of 20 days, and ran simultaneously with a group of 13 numbered days. The Aztec calendar stone that displays this calendar system also has the face of the Aztec sun god, Tonatiuh, in the center of the stone, surrounded by four square panels honoring previous ages of the world.
Please note that the booklet on the Aztec calendar's history is not included.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.