Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The first release of the Gold Crown Bullion Series features South Korea's Keum-ryung-chong Gold Crown, also known as Treasure #338.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Medal comes in Brilliant Uncirculated condition and is packaged individually in a plastic capsule.
- Minted at KOMSCO, the mint of South Korea, with a limited mintage of 10,000.
- Obverse: Features an imaginary three legged crow, Sam-jok-o who is known as the "Sun God". He is regarded as the symbol of the sun because he resembles a black bird with sun spots on three feet.
- Reverse: Depicts the Gold Crown known as the Keum-ryung-chone or Treasure #338. The edge of the crown has three standing ornaments and two antelope shaped ornaments. The bottom of the coin's reverse design features anti-counterfeit technology that changes letters when viewed from different angles.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Don't miss the opportunity to own the first release of KOMSCO's Gold Crown Bullion Series. Add this 1 oz Gold Crown medal featuring South Korea's Treasure #338 to your cart today!
The Republic of Korea is the world's largest holders of Gold Crowns, with 9 of the 13 known world wide. These artifacts are believed to have been made of 1,500 years ago and represent an era where Gold craftsmanship flourished. KOMSCO has designed the Gold Crown Bullion Series to showcase its valuable heritage of Gold and the delicate craftsmanship of its ancestors.
The Gold Crown Bullion series combines these beautiful artifacts with the story of an imaginary animal known as the god of sun, Sam-jok-o, a crow with three feet. In the east, crows were thought to deliver messages from the gods in heaven. In the west, crows were meant to help lost sailors find their way home.
Etymologically there is a theory that "crown" was derived from the word "crow" which is "Korone" in the Greek language. It is theorized that the crown and crow have been used to reveal powerful scepter.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.