- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of 50,000 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in an individual capsule, and multiples of 10 are shrink-wrapped.
- Obverse: Features the lunar calendar wheel, with the rat at the top of the wheel, and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Features a clever rat, surrounded by auspicious lychee. Also included is the title "Year of the Rat", along with the metal content and purity.
The Royal Australian Mint has released their first release of a Silver investment bullion coin for the Lunar series, celebrating the start of the new Lunar calendar with the 2020 Year of the Rat. Add this magnificent 2020 1 oz Silver Lunar Year of the Rat BU coin to your cart today!
Lunar Year of the Rat
The rat is the first sign of the twelve-year lunar calendar, and 2020 brings the year of the metal rat. People born under this sign are known for being talented, persuasive and self-aware. The traditional story of the zodiac race also describes the Rat's clever, and quick-witted nature. When the Jade Emperor had the twelve animals of the zodiac race across the river to decide which order they would go in, the rat hitched a ride on the strong Ox, and managed to come in first.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Apr 22, 2020
Absolutely beautiful coin. With the goal of beginning a collection of the new Chinese zodiac cycle, it was important to me to really enjoy the art and design of the first year's coin. I really appreciate how happy the little rat is and how unique the reverse of the coin is in that it depicts all 12 of the animals. By far my favorite coin I own.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.