- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of only 2.500 coins!
- Contains approximately 0.622 ounces of fine Silver in a beautiful proof finish.
- Packaged in a presentation box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Obverse: Depicts the profile of Lafayette, with an engraving taken from an old medal which was struck by Monnaie de Paris. The name "Marquis de La Fayette" and his ranks are inscribed clockwise around the coin. The coin's face value & RF are also included in the design.
- Reverse: A representation of a coat of arms which includes the Hermione, a ship used by La Fayette to travel from France to Boston. The coat of arms is surrounded by fleurs-de-lis and the French & American Flags. The words "live free or die" floats above the coat of arms and represents the conviction of American settlers to claim their independence. The words "Compagnie des Grenadiers volontaires du III batailon IV division" are also inscribed on the coin as well as the 2020 year date.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This beautiful Silver coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for anyone who loves American History. Add this 2020 Silver €10 Great Dates of Humanity (Lafayette in Boston) coin to your cart today!
After serving in the French army from 1771 to 1776, Marquis de La Fayette befriended Benjamin Franklin & brought his military expertise to the Continental Army as a Major General. A close collaborator and friend of Commander-in-Chief George Washington, Lafayette devoted himself with great bravery to the fight for American independence.
Arriving in America on April 28th, 1780, he helped American settlers fight against the British government with the support of France. Thanks to his help, the Franco-American allies had a decisive victory at Yorktown on October, 17 1781.
Still seen as a hero in the United States, he was posthumously declared an honorary United States citizen in 2002.
80% of reviewers recommend this product
From:Sacramento, CA USA
Date:Sep 4, 2021
A classic French design coin. The only problem I had was trying to see the other side of the coin. The coin would not come out of the box (I did not want to destroy the box). Definitely would collect it for the design and th history(French, American and Revolutionary War). If it comes from the Paris Mint, you do pay a premium, This coin is worth it.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.