- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation certifies the perfect MS-70 grade of the coin. The coin is housed in a slab with our exclusive Red Label, for the Perth Lunar Series III.
- First Day of Issue designation guarantees this is among the first released from the mint.
- Mintage of no more than 30,000 pieces, with even less coins available in this certified grade.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the weight and fineness, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a tiger standing on a peak with its head turned towards its tail. The animal's open jaw features razor-sharp canine teeth. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for "tiger," the inscription "TIGER 2022" and The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Display your certified Gold Tiger coin collection by adding this presentation case to your order.
This Year of the Tiger coin would make a great addition to any lunar collection. Add this PCGS certified 2022-P 1 oz Gold Year of the Tiger MS-70 coin to your cart today!
Learn more about this release and The Perth Mint's Lunar Series 3.
Lunar Year of the Tiger
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2022 reverse celebrates the Year of the Tiger. Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar tiger in 2022, 2010, 1998, 1986, 1974, and every 12th preceding year are said to be natural leaders, blessed with courage, charm, and confidence. Tigers are seen as guardians of children in Chinese culture, and are a symbol of bravery.
The Perth Mint Lunar Gold Coin Series
A landmark coin series of the highest regard, The Perth Mint Gold Lunar coins package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program. Struck by the historic Perth Mint in .9999 fine Gold since 1996, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity. Beginning in 2020 and scheduled for yearly releases through 2031, The Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese lunar calendar. Today, The Perth Mint Lunar coins are available in multiple sizes in Gold, Silver and Platinum.
The Perth Lunar Series 1 concluded in 2010, and Series II concluded in 2019. These releases have been tremendously popular worldwide, with each year selling out quickly as investors and collectors claim the coins of all sizes. As each 1 oz Gold bullion coin in Series III has been limited to 30,000 coins worldwide, the prolonged popularity is ensured by the high level of collectibility as well as the stellar designs from the reputable Perth Mint.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Marc S.
Date:Oct 20, 2021
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.