Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Only 500 coins available.
- Comes in a capsule with a mint box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features an eagle within an emblem, surrounded by the weight, purity and country of issue.
- Reverse: Features a CoinJewels coin that contains the blue crab shell. The design features the state flower (black-eyed Susan), state bird (Baltimore oriole), a crab, Fort McHenry, a Star Spangled Banner reference and the state flag.
- This coin is authorized by the federally recognized sovereign nation of Mesa Grande.
Secure your Maryland coin in a stylish presentation box.
Collect every Treasures of the U.S. coin! Add this 2022 1 oz Silver Treasures of the United States Maryland Blue Crab Shell coin to your cart today!
Treasures of the U.S. Series
Admire the intricately detailed beauty of these coins and the qualities unique to each state. Every Silver coin contains a natural item that is native to the state it symbolizes. These natural artifacts have varying rarity and value and add collectibility to this series. With a mintage of just 500, collectors can be sure about the rarity of this inspiring set as we walk through history around the nation and celebrate the 50 states like never before. Check out these and more from the Native American Mint.
About Blue Crab Shell
One of the world's great estuaries, the Chesapeake Bay divides Maryland into two parts. The bay offers a rich habitat that has abundant populations of fish and wildlife. The bay and its harbors provide the perfect environment for migratory waterfowl, and for harvesting oysters, clams and perhaps most famously, blue crabs. The crab's blue hue is derived from a number of pigments in the shell, including alpha-crustacyanin, which interacts with a red pigment, astaxanthin, to form a greenish-blue coloration. When the crab is cooked, the alpha-crustacyanin breaks down, leaving only the astaxanthin, which turns the crab to a bright orange-red color.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.