- Product Details
- Sell to Us
So says the popular Wienerlied (Viennese folk song) with the same title, written by composer and conductor Karl Kratzl (1852–1904). The bird metaphor is an expression of the essential truth that happiness is fleeting, fragile and hard to keep hold of. Not that we should be discouraged, as it is this very elusiveness that makes happiness worth striving for and why we should have the strength and courage to keep pursuing it. So, if you find happiness in 2022, enjoy it while you can – until the next time, at least.
This aphorism is particularly apt for the challenging times in which we are currently living. Destiny may force us to take a rest, continues the song, which is exactly what has happened to most of us in the last couple of years, when we have had to put life on hold and be patient. The pandemic has also forced us to appreciate the meaning of solidarity, another key message of the song.
- Contains 1/4 oz of Copper.
- Coin will come in protective plastic.
- Mintage of 200,000 coins.
- Obverse: The coin’s obverse features the coats of arms of the nine provinces of Austria arranged in a circle.
- Reverse: The bird on the coin’s reverse doesn't have a big heart for nothing; in it there is room for all types of people. Other symbols of happiness and joie de vivre – the sun, the moon, the stars, a crown and a diamond – surround the bird. Musical notes symbolize the power of music and the Wienerlied that inspired the coin.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
Inspect the newest addition to your collection with ease by adding a magnifier to your order.
This coin is a fantastic New Year's addition to any collection. Add this 2021 Austria Copper €5 New Year's Happiness is a Bird coin to your cart today!
APMEX is proud to offer products from the Munze Österreich, or Austrian Mint. With more than 800 years of coin-production experience, the Austrian Mint in Vienna has become world-renowned for coin production and Precious Metals processing. As a subsidiary of the Austrian Central Bank, the Austrian Mint's foremost task is to produce all of the circulating Euros coinage for Austria. But the mint also strikes an impressive range of collector coins and medals, along with producing some of the world's best-selling bullion coins. In addition to the popular Silver Philharmonic coins, the Austrian Mint produces many beautiful commemorative coins to honor people, places and events of its history. More than 400 million coins are produced at the Austrian Mint each year.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.