- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The star of each year's lunar collection from The Perth Mint, these coins have been very popular amongst collectors each year due to limited supply and remarkable designs.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Mintage of 188 coins worldwide.
- Comes in a prestigious red display case with a magnetic lid. Adorned with Gold lettering and a geometric design, the case is packaged in a beautifully illustrated shipper portraying the story of how the rabbit became the fourth animal in the zodiac.
- Accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the Gold purity, year of issue and face value.
- Reverse: Portrays a stylized representation of two rabbits. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for "tiger," the inscription "RABBIT 2023" and The Perth Mint’s "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this stunning Gold High Relief Proof Year of the Rabbit coin to your cart today!
Learn more about this release and The Perth Mint's Lunar Series 3.
When arrayed together, the shipper boxes on all future Lunar Series 3 Proof Gold releases will form a diorama depicting the ancient myth of The Great Race, which explains how the zodiac calendar came into being.
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from .9999 fine Gold, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
Lunar Year of the Rabbit
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2023 reverse celebrates the Year of the Rabbit. Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar rabbit in 2023, 2011, 1999, 1987, 1975 and every 12th preceding year are said to be intelligent, creative, vigilant and compassionate.
The Perth Mint Lunar Gold Coin Series
A landmark coin series of the highest regard, The Perth Mint Gold Lunar coins package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program. Struck by the historic Perth Mint in .9999 fine Gold since 1996, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity. Beginning in 2020 and scheduled for yearly releases through 2031, The Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese lunar calendar. Today, The Perth Mint lunar coins are available in multiple sizes in Gold, Silver and Platinum.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.