- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This release features Lady Germania and Lady Galia standing side by side, symbolizing equality and friendship between the two cultures.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 500 rounds worldwide.
- Sixth release of the Germania Mint Allegories round series.
- Rounds will be in Brilliant Uncirculated condition and delivered in protective capsules along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the beautiful and powerful female personifications of Germania and Galia standing next to each other with swords sheathed and the debris of a conquered Roman Empire laying at their feet. Lady Galia is clad with a Roman breastplate and sandals showing the mixing of cultures. Lady Germania's head is decorated by an oak branch, a tree that has been near to her since the series began. Encircling the image is the words, "ALLEGORIES - 1 oz 999.9 FINE SILVER."
- Reverse: Features a crowned shield within wreath of oak leaves. "GERMANIA - 2023 - 25 MARK."
- Not legal tender.
Protect your Silver in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
Add this beautiful and low mintage 5 oz Silver round to your cart today!
The crowned shield on the reverse bears many traditional meanings, precisely defined by heraldry:
- Top left corner of the crest features the Germania Mint's bicephalous eagle - a Roman mythology symbol associated with Janus, the god of all origins, guardian of doors, gates, passages and bridges, the patron of contracts and alliances. Heads facing the opposite direction symbolize the past and the future.
- Right upper corner: Decorated with a check pattern that refers to wisdom and prudence.
- Left bottom corner: Features three flowers on a Gold ribbon. They hide three values determining a strong and independent nation - unity, integrity and freedom.
- Right bottom corner: Depicts a wild boar, a very popular and respected animal in Roman Empire, which is a symbol of mightiness and power. At least three famous Roman legions are known to have had a boar as their emblem: Legio I Italica, Legio X Fretensis and Legio XX Valeria Victrix.
In the Western world, the first feminine personifications of nations were usually majestic manifestations of values considered to characterize the communities of given countries or regions. Many of these visualizations came from the image of Athena and took the Latin names of the ancient Roman provinces, such as Germania, Polonia, Britannia and Italia.
But why are the names of both countries and their personifications feminine? For millennia, women have been seen as a weaker sex, that should show submission to men. Why national impersonations are women then? There is no unambiguous answer to these questions. It is assumed, however, that people have always identified their homeland with their mother – the first source of food, care and love. Probably that is why terms such as “mother Earth” or “homeland” have found a permanent place both in mass consciousness and in the commonly used language. Although in the overwhelming majority it is still mainly men who are the world leaders, people in times of trial, such as wars or disasters, symbolically turn to the “mother of the nation” for protection and favor.
Treating the country as a metaphor of home and family, nations have always identified their countries with maternal protection, which provided them with a sense of security and community.
Wishing to pay a tribute to them, a series of coins called the Allegories was brought to life to celebrate the extraordinary figures of “mothers of nations” that for centuries have encouraged people in the hardest moments of human history. Thus, for the first time in the history of numismatics, on the following coins of the Allegories series, Germania will "meet” with legendary national personifications in symbolic circumstances. See the rest of this stunning series and other Silver rounds created by the Germania Mint.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.