You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of 3,600.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- 6th issue of the Views of Jerusalem series.
- Round is encapsulated and delivered in the official box of issue.
- Obverse: Inscription in the center, "Mountains of Jerusalem" in Hebrew and English,
five of the mountains surrounding Jerusalem and their most prominent sites.
- Reverse: Lion of Jerusalem and prominent buildings of Jerusalem within the outline of a coat of arms, the Holy Land Mint trademark.
- Guaranteed by the Holy Land Mint of Israel.
You can protect your newest investment against moisture during storage with these silica gel packets.
Add this beautifully designed 1 oz Silver round to your cart today!
5th in the "Views of Jerusalem" Numismatic Bullion Series
"As the mountains are round about Jerusalem…" said King David in Psalms 125:2, signifying that Jerusalem is protected by mountains.
While most of the major cities of the world are located close to the sea, rivers or ports, Jerusalem is far from any port. The Holy City can only be reached by making one's way up stony mountains. Symbolically, however, unlike any other city, the ascent to Jerusalem is a spiritual elevation. Views of five of the mountains surrounding Jerusalem are artistically represented in Gold and Silver by Aharon Shevo.
- Mount Moriah is the Temple Mount, site of the first Temple built by King Solomon and later, the Second Temple. The Western Wall, the last remnant of the Temple, is the holiest place in Judaism. The Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque on the mountain are holy sites for Islam.
- The Mount of Olives is so called because of the olives which once covered it. A Jewish cemetery since biblical times, the Mount of Olives is where the Resurrection of the Dead in Messianic times will take place, according to Jewish tradition. Christian holy sites on the mountain are the Garden of Gethsamane and several churches.
- Mount Herzl serves as the national cemetery of the State of Israel. The chief military cemetery of Israel and graves of the nation's leaders are located here.
- Mount Zion is the burial place of King David. In Christian tradition, here was the Room of the Last Supper.
- Mount Scopus, the highest point in northern Jerusalem, is where the Hebrew University and Hadassah Hospital are located.
Holy Land Mint
The Holy Land Mint - Israel Coins & Medals Corp. (ICMC) was established in 1961 and perpetually pursues their stated objective of “commemorating significant historic, national, social, scientific, and cultural achievements of the State of Israel” by specializing in commissioning, designing, minting and distributing unique Gold and Silver coins which reflect the unique character of Israel’s past, present and hoped-for future. They are the exclusive distributor on behalf of the Bank of Israel of all commemorative coins, and many of their remarkable coins are only offered in limited editions. Each of their products holds a uniquely historic legacy that is complimented by their renowned reputation for the highest quality coins and rounds.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.