Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a black clamshell box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 7,000 coins.
- Obverse: The obverse of the 2024 Canada Peace Dollar features Susanna Blunt’s well-known effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, as seen in Canadian coinage since 2003. Unique to the $50, 5 oz silver size pictured is a special, laser etched field pattern meant to replicate the pattern found on the obverse.
- Reverse: The reverse of the 2024 Canada Peace Dollar features Susan Taylor’s beautiful design of the personification of Lady Peace, or in Latin, Pax.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Inspect the newest addition to your collection with ease by adding a magnifier to your order.
Join Canadians on a quest for peace. Add this 1 oz Silver Peace Dollar Proof coin to your cart today!
The Peace Dollar Series
The RCM’s Peace Dollar series sees its 5th issue in 2024. Inspired by the figure of Lady Peace (“Pax”) atop the Canadian War Memorial in Ottawa, the series enjoys a masterful bust of Lady Peace on its obverse designed by Retired RCM Senior Engraver, Susan Taylor. First issued in late 2019, the series has maintained that same design of a left-facing bust of Lady Peace, along with a unique aesthetic each year.
Now for 2024 and the series’ 5th issue, the mint is adding selective platinum plating to the 1 oz gold size and selective yellow (24-karat) gold plating to the 1 oz and 5 oz silver sizes. Specially crafted for this issue, an intricate new field pattern with elements from the iconic design can be found arranged on the fields of the obverse and reverse of all three coins in the release. However, that is all overshadowed by the fact that this 5th entry in the series will also be the last annual issue with either the Queen Elizabeth II effigy OR the Susan Taylor, left-facing Peace Bust. For 2025, the RCM will finally roll out their new, Canadian-designed effigy of King Charles for the obverse. And for the reverse? An all-new Lady Peace masterpiece from the legendary Susan Taylor.
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.