- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Though the mint switched reverse dies for the Silver Eagle in 2008, an estimated 47,000 burnished coins were accidentally minted using the old 2007 dies. Most easily discernible by the use of a different "U" in "United" on the reverse, this is one of those coins.
- Coin comes in original mint packaging.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
This highly sought-after coin is a rarity of the usually near-perfect modern minting process. Add the 2008 Reverse of 2007 Silver Eagle to your cart today!
80% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jun 2, 2017
Posted By:Robert from California
Date:Feb 10, 2017
Not quite what I expect from APMEX. When his coin arrived it was not in the plastic capsule and had been floating around in the box. It looks like someone had removed it from the US Mint packaging at some point, and later replaced it into the capsule. There are milk spots and some type of residue on the coin. I suspect that it was at sometime sent out to be graded and later returned.
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Recognized Brand
- Poor Condition
Merchant response: We're sorry to hear the coin did not meet expecations. Return instructions have been provided to you to return the item.
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.