- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
These unusual rectangular coins were some of the last coins issued by the famous Shoguns of Japan. The golden 2 Bu coins were minted from 1860-1867.
- Contains .0121 oz Gold and .0407 oz Silver weight.
- Minted under the Shogun regime from 1868-1869.
- Coins are in Extra Fine condition.
- Obverse: Kiri crests above denomination in Japanese lettering.
- Reverse: Initials of the Mint Official and his signature below in Japanese lettering.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add one of these not very often available Japanese 2 Bu coins to your cart today!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Oct 17, 2022
Firstly, Electrum is very cool considering it’s a naturally occurring alloy of gold and silver and the fact that the first metal coins ever made were of Electrum. Secondly, this is from a very impactful and important era of Japanese and Martial Arts history (Meiji Restoration). This currency and similar is what some of the last Samurai used. P.S it’s about the size of a 5 gram gold bar. Great service from APMEX as always!
- Attractive Design
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.