- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coin comes in a capsule in the original U.S. Mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 12,169 coins.
- Obverse: Showcases a rendition of James Earle Fraser's acclaimed "Buffalo Nickel" design of an American Indian in profile originally minted in 1913.
- Reverse: Depicts an American buffalo on the reverse which is a visual representation of the bison named Black Diamond who, in the early 1900s, lived in the Central Park Zoo in New York City.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Proof Gold Buffalos add a new beauty to this popular coin design. Add this 2008-W 1/2 oz Proof Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:A. Michael Adams
Date:Jan 6, 2019
I bought this coin on 12/31/18. It arrived 3 days later in mint condition. I bought it for its low mintage (fractional coin) and beautiful design. This was my first purchase from APMEX and I'll be buying from them again soon.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.