We provide a 4.0% cash discount to our customers if they pay for their orders by check, bank wire or trade. The prices shown for each product under Check/Wire include the 4.0% cash discount. The prices shown for each product under CC/PayPal are the full list price
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis is the first year of the Liberty Head design for the largest U.S. Mint regular issue Gold coin. Authorized by the act of March 3, 1849, only one 1849 dated example $20 Gold coin or double eagle was struck.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation authenticates and protects the condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Depicts a slightly smaller portrait of Liberty facing left. The inscription "LIBERTY" is on her headdress as a normal $20 Double Eagle. 13 stars are arranged around the border seven left, six right..
- Reverse: Features a spread-wing eagle, similar to that of a normal $20 Double Eagle
- Designed by James B. Longacre.
Protect your investment by adding a beautiful presentation box to your order.
NGC has guaranteed the Gem Uncirculated condition of this coin, adding collectibility to the beloved design. Enhance your collection by adding this beautiful commemorative to your cart today!
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
It was originally designed by then chief engraver, James B. Longacre. That coin now is part of the Smithsonian collection in Washington, DC. Longacre was also the designer of the Flying Eagle Cent, Indian Head Cent, Two-Cent Piece and Shield Nickel to name a few.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.