- Product Details
- Sell Platinum to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Platinum weight.
- Encapsulation by PCGS guarantees and protects the Perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- The First Strikes designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: The strong face of the statue below the word "Liberty," with the year and "In God We Trust" to the side. "E Pluribus Unum" is engraved along Liberty's raised arm.
- Reverse: American bald eagle representing the Executive Branch of government.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your Platinum Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Proof Platinum Eagles gain even more beauty beyond the classic Gold Eagle design, with their elegant mirrorlike finish. Add this 1/2 oz Proof Platinum American Eagle to your cart today!
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
|Grade||Proof - 70|
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||W - West Point|
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Blue Fox
From:The Twin Ports
Date:Nov 2, 2015
This is/was my first platinum coin purchase ever... I was drawn to this reverse proof for that reason alone: I prefer the frosted/matte fields. The option to buy it separate from the set was great as I'm not as fond of the standard proof (and it was on sale too). And as far as I'm aware, this is the only reverse proof platinum American Eagle minted. There are ZERO cons for this item—a great piece!!
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.