1997-S Two-Coin Commemorative Jackie Robinson Proof Set
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsCommemorates the 50th anniversary of the breaking of major league baseballs "color barrier" in 1947 by Jack Roosevelt ("Jackie") Robinson.
- Contains .2419 oz of Gold and .7734 oz of silver.
- This set contains one Silver dollar and one five dollar Gold coin, both proofs.
- Set comes in an original U.S. Mint box and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Gold Obverse: Features a three-quarter profile of a mature Jackie Robinson by the artist, William Cousins.
- Gold Reverse: Designed by Jim Peed featuring a baseball inscribed with “1919-1972”, Jackie’s birth and death years, and the words “Legacy of Courage”.
- Silver Obverse: Features Jackie Robinson in a game stealing home plate, recalling a 1955 World Series play in a contest between the New York Yankees and the Brooklyn Dodgers.
- Silver Reverse: Shows the 50th anniversary logo of the Jackie Robinson Foundation surrounded with lettering of two of his baseball accomplishments, Rookie of the Year 1947 and Hall of Fame 1962.
Commemorative coins offer an opportunity for collectors to own Precious and semi-Precious Metals with legal tender status. Add this Jackie Robinson set to your cart today!
Starting with the Brooklyn Dodgers in the spring of 1947, Robinson soon became a force in the National League with his hitting, fielding, and base running. Despite harassment & threats, he persevered, playing 10 seasons, and paving the way for other great black players to follow like Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Ernie Banks & Frank Robinson just to name a few. He has the singular honor of being the only player whose number (42) has been retired by all 30 Major League teams!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.