Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Contains 50, 200, and 500 Lire coins struck for the Vatican City.
- Coins come sealed in protective capsules housed in a wooden display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: 50 Lire features agricultural workers, 200 Lire displays the Papal arms and 500 Lire depicts Jesus flanked by two kneeling disciples.
- Reverse: Features a different depiction of Saint John Paul II unique to each coin.
- Produced by the Rome Mint.
This set makes a great gift for the coin collector or for those interested in Papal history. Add this 3-Piece Saint John Paul II Set to your order today!
Born Karol Jósef Wojtyla in Wadowice, Poland, in 1920, John Paul II was elected Pope in 1978, becoming the first non-Italian to assume the Papacy since Adrian VI in 1522, and the first man of letters since Pius II in 1458. On 27 April, 2014, he became just the second pope to enter the sainthood in 300 years.
At turns stonecutter and boilermaker, poet and priest, professor of theology and member of an experimental theater troupe, John Paul II brought an eclectic personal history to Rome. Among the 117 countries he traveled to as Vicar of Christ was his native Poland, where his historic 1979 visit helped inspire the Solidarity movement and the fall of Communism.
A prolific author, a bold theologian and a saintly presence, John Paul II was hailed as “the great” by his successor, Benedict XVI, upon his death in 2005. He is arguably the most popular Pontiff of all time.
90% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Dec 29, 2015
I purchased this as a Christmas present for my niece and her husband. When they opened it and saw who the set was in honor of, they were thrilled as they are Catholic. Thanks for having a wonderful set such as this available.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
Date:Sep 7, 2015