- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- New for 2017, the Austrian Mint has released new tamper evident seals on mint tubes and monster boxes. Multiples of 10 are packaged in mint tubes. Multiples of 500 are packaged in “Monster Boxes.” All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: The Great Organ of the Golden Hall in Vienna’s concert hall, the Musikverein, along with the year, weight and face value.
- Reverse: An array of instruments, including the cello, violin, harp, Vienna horn and bassoon.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Protect your Gold Philharmonic with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding a presentation box to your order.
This stunning Gold bullion coin is loved around the world for its 1 oz metal content and classic, recognizable design. Add the 2017 Gold Austrian Philharmonic to your cart today!
Vienna Philharmonic coins are popular bullion coins made from Gold, Silver and Platinum. The Gold Philharmonic was first offered for purchase on October 10, 1989. The 1 oz Gold coin was made from .9999 fine Gold with a face value of 2,000 Austrian schillings. In 2002, the nominal face value changed to €100 with the adoption of the euro. Since its inception, the Gold Philharmonic has retained a depiction of the great pipe organ in the Vienna Musikverein’s Golden Hall on the obverse and an array of instruments, including the cello, violin, harp, Vienna horn and bassoon, on the reverse. Gold Philharmonic coins come in a variety of sizes, including 1/25 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 oz Gold coins.
On February 1, 2008, a 1 oz Silver version of the coin was issued. The Silver Philharmonics feature the same designs found on the Gold Philharmonics and are made of .999 fine Silver. The Austrian Mint decided to further expand their Philharmonic line with a 1 oz Platinum coin in 2016. The Platinum Philharmonic kept the same design as the Gold and Silver Philharmonics and is made from .9995 fine Platinum.
For the 15th anniversary of the Vienna Philharmonic Gold bullion coin in 2004, the Austrian Mint created a 1,000 oz version with a face value of €100,000. The "Big Phil" coin contains 31.103 kg of .9999 fine Gold. For the 20th anniversary, the Austrian Mint created a 20 oz .9999 fine Gold Philharmonic coin. On the 25th anniversary, the Austrian Mint introduced a new size in the series with the 1/25 oz .9999 fine Gold Philharmonic coin that is a permanent size for the series.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.