Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .260 oz of fine Silver.
- Comes in a modern Perspex box with a booklet and a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of up to 40,000 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays the fifth effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a color illustration of Tom Kitten, known for his mischievous adventures.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Add this endearing 50 Pence Beatrix Potter Proof coin to your cart today!
"The Tale of Tom Kitten", published in 1907, is our first introduction to Tom who later appears in "The Tale of Samuel Whiskers". In the story based at Hill Top Farm, we also meet other characters from the little tales including Tom’s sisters, Moppet and Mittens, Mrs. Tabitha Twitchit and Jemima Puddle-Duck.
The story of the little kittens and their struggle to stay clean and tidy for their mother’s guests was so popular that a painting book in Tom Kitten’s name was released in June 1917. The book itself was dedicated to “all Pickles”, Pickles being Beatrix Potter’s nickname for her cousin, Caroline Hutton, and mischievous children and kittens.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.