- Product Details
- Sell Platinum to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Multiples of 10 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Shows the Ian Rank-Broadley profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and $50 face value.
- Reverse: A large, single maple leaf with the weight and purity. New micro-engraved maple leaf privy mark shows a “18” when viewed under magnification.
- Radial line background was precisely machined by the Royal Canadian Mint to create a unique light diffracting pattern, providing another measure of security.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
The Platinum Maple Leaf offers the perfect blend of collectible beauty and investment appeal. Add this popular Canadian Platinum bullion coin to your cart today!
The 2018 1 oz Platinum Maple Leaf features a new form of security though the Royal Canadian Mint’s Bullion DNA program. The Bullion DNA program offers the highest security on the market for any bullion coin. Each bullion coin features a textured maple leaf security privy mark, micro-engraved with laser technology and is visible only under magnification. Etched within the maple leaf security mark are the two digits indicating the coin’s production year. Each micro-engraving is encoded, scanned and recorded at the mint for future authentication giving each coin their unique Bullion DNA.
Bullion DNA authenticates coins by scanning them with a Mint’s proprietary Bullion DNA reader verifying that the micro-engraved security mark is a match to the Royal Canadian Mint’s secure database. This process provides each Platinum Maple Leaf coin with the highest security for any coin in the market place. The Royal Canadian Mint’s unique Bullion DNA program authenticates Platinum Maple Leaf coins dated 2017 and later. APMEX is a recognized Bullion DNA dealer for trusted RCM products.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.