Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Why Buy Silver
Following the popular 2016 Silver medal, which sold out from the U.S. Mint in less than 10 minutes, the anticipated 2017 medal is here. Celebrating the Mint's 225th year anniversary, the Silver medal is a counterpart to the 2017-W American Liberty Gold Proof $100 coin, bearing the same design of Lady Liberty. This set bears a contemporary rendition of Lady Liberty on four 1 oz Silver rounds, each minted in different finishes at a different branch of the United States Mint - Philadelphia (Reverse Proof), Denver (Uncirculated), San Francisco (Proof), and West Point (Enhanced Uncirculated).
- Each Medal contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver finished in Proof, Reverse Proof, Enhanced Uncirculated, and Uncirculated.
- Comes in a U.S. Mint box along with a 225th anniversary tri-fold booklet bearing as the certificate of authenticity and functions as a display stand.
- Mintage limit not to exceed 50,000 sets.
- Obverse: Liberty as an African-American woman, wearing a coronet of stars, designed by Justin Kunz and sculpted by Phebe Hemphill. Credit is given to both artists and the medal includes both their initials, “JK” and “PH.”
- Reverse: A bald eagle in flight designed by artist Chris T. Costello and engraved by Michael Gaudioso. The medal includes the Philadelphia "P" mintmark as well as the initials of the artists, “CTC” and “MG.”
- Rim: Smooth edges, rather than reeded.
- Medals are not legal tender.
Add this Proof Silver Medal Set to your cart today!
Part of the exciting new collection of U.S. Mint Silver Medals, the Commission on Fine Arts (CFA) and the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) were both involved in selecting the new modern design of Lady Liberty. A new design was favored as noted in the comments of CCAC member Donald Scarinci,
“Show us Liberty in a new and contemporary way, and let’s shed these Civil War symbols, these hundred-year-old symbols that really don’t have the emotional impact to contemporary Americans that they did 100 years ago.”
Following on those sentiments, Chair Mary Lanin expressed, "We have an opportunity, all of us, to make a difference in applying a new perspective and to broaden the view of Lady Liberty which up to this point has been cast in a European classical mold. There are three things that we should keep in consideration: We should be inclusive of the fact that there are many races that make up the United States. We should be mindful that each of us has our own ideal of what a woman or Liberty should look like, and we may need to broaden that. And we should be sensitive when we make our choice that the characteristics are matching those ideals.”
The 225th Silver Medal Set Makes a Great Collector's ItemThe four-medal set makes a great item that will add diversity to any collection. Novice to experienced collectors can hold a piece of history in their hands. The modern and iconic design adds value to your collection because of its depiction and celebration of American ideals over 225 years. Whether you want to buy this as a gift or for yourself, this is a perfect buy for anyone. Buy the 225th anniversary Silver medal set at competitive prices today.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
From:eagle River Wisconsin
Date:Nov 3, 2017
Buy this set!!!!! The packaging is the best i have ever seen from the mint it just screams expensive!!!!!!!!! The coins look great i luv the different finishes and at last check only 22k have been sold. Get this set then get more for gifts they will think u spent alot more...
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.