Cart:

(0)

U.S. Mint Silver Medals

40 80 120

Metal Type

(37)
(1)

Price

Product Type

(8)
(3)
(2)
(1)
(1)

Product Line

(3)
(35)

Series

(1)
(1)
(31)

Weight

(25)
(1)
(2)
(3)
(7)

Year

(1)
(6)
(5)
(5)
(2)
(5)
(4)
(3)
(3)
(1)
(1)
(1)

Condition

(6)
(16)
(9)
(4)
(3)

Grade

(2)
(12)
(6)
(3)
(1)
(1)
(3)
(1)
(1)
(8)

Designation

(12)
(2)

Attributes

(2)
(2)
(4)
(1)

Sale

Availability

2011-W 9/11 National Medal PR-69 PCGS
2011-W 9/11 National Medal PR-69 PCGS
$59.99
Any Quantity
Grade Mintage Population
PR-69 DCAM N/A 1,919

About U.S. Mint Silver Medals

The United States Mint produces a variety of silver medals in addition to circulating coins. These silver medals are typically issued to commemorate significant events, historical figures, or commemorate specific achievements. Here's some information about US Mint silver medals:

  • Composition: US Mint silver medals are typically made of .999 fine silver, which means they contain 99.9% pure silver. The remaining 0.1% may consist of trace elements or other metals for added durability.
  • Design and Artistry: Silver medals from the US Mint feature intricate designs and artistry. The designs often depict important figures, historical events, landmarks, or symbols significant to the theme of the medal. The US Mint collaborates with various artists and sculptors to create these designs.
  • Limited Editions: Many US Mint silver medals are issued as limited editions. This means that only a specific number of medals are produced, making them desirable among collectors. Limited edition medals may have a set mintage, and once that number is reached, the medal is no longer produced.
  • Commemorative Themes: US Mint silver medals are often created to commemorate specific events or individuals. For example, the US Mint has issued silver medals to honor influential figures like Martin Luther King Jr., Thomas Edison, and Mark Twain. They have also commemorated historic moments like the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.
  • Packaging and Certification: US Mint silver medals are usually packaged in protective capsules or cases to preserve their condition. Additionally, they may come with a certificate of authenticity from the US Mint, providing information about the medal's specifications and confirming its legitimacy.
  • Availability: US Mint silver medals can be purchased directly from the United States Mint's website or through authorized dealers. The availability of specific medals may vary over time, as new releases become available and older ones may no longer be in production.


It's worth noting that while US Mint silver medals are made of silver and have collectible value, they are not legal tender like coins, like the US Mint's Silver Eagles. They are intended primarily for collectors and enthusiasts of numismatics (the study and collection of coins and medals).

History Of The U.S. Mint

The United States Mint has a rich history that spans over two centuries. It was established in 1792 by the Coinage Act, signed into law by President George Washington. The first US Mint facility was built in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where it began operations in 1793, producing copper, silver, and gold coins. As the nation expanded, additional mint facilities were established across the country, including Charlotte, Dahlonega, New Orleans, San Francisco, Carson City, Denver, and West Point.

The US Mint has been instrumental in the evolution of US coinage, producing iconic coins such as the Flowing Hair dollar, Morgan silver dollar, and Lincoln cent. It has also been at the forefront of technological advancements, introducing steam-powered coin presses in the 1830s and implementing modern manufacturing techniques.

In addition to regular circulating coinage, the US Mint issues commemorative coins and medals to celebrate historical events, honor significant individuals, and raise awareness for various causes. It operates multiple facilities today, producing coins for circulation, collectible coins, bullion coins, and medals. The Mint also conducts precious metal coin and bullion programs, as well as the production of congressional gold medals.

Throughout its history, the United States Mint has played a vital role in the nation's monetary system, coin production, and the preservation of precious metal reserves. It remains an important institution that reflects the nation's history, culture, and values through its coinage and medal production.
210,000+ Customer Reviews
4.9 Overall Satisfaction Rating, the Highest Score in the Industry
Check out what other customers are saying.

Items in Cart (0)


There are no items in the cart.

APXIIS02