- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .5663 oz of Silver struck on an octagonal planchet.
- Norse-American Centennial celebration medal struck in honor of the arrival of Norwegian settlers in Minnesota in 1825.
- Medal will come in protective packaging.
- Mintage of 33,750 thick medals struck.
- Obverse: Depicts a Norwegian Viking chieftain who has just come ashore from his ship and is armed for war, with horned helmet, shield, sword, and svard (dagger).
- Reverse: Shows a Viking ship, along with the authorization by Congress and the approximate year in which Vinland was settled. "OPUS FRASER" (Fraser's work), the artist's signature, is to the left of the ship
- Sculpted by James Earle Fraser.
Protect your investment from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Though not legal tender, these Norse-American medals are avidly collected by commemorative coin collectors since they were officially authorized by the U.S. Congress. Enhance your commemorative coin collection by adding this Norse-American Centennial Thick Medal to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.