- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
These beautiful Silver coins celebrate the Year of the Dog, the eleventh animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. A landmark coin series of the highest regard, the Perth Lunars package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule. Multiples of 20 typically come in sealed rolls.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value and Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Depicts a German Shepherd dog and pup lying in grass with Chinese peony flowers in the background. The design also incorporates the Chinese character for "dog", the inscription "Year of the Dog" and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your Silver coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
APMEX is an authorized distributor of Perth Mint products, allowing APMEX to get coins directly from the Perth Mint and pass them along to you. This Year of the Dog coin would make a great addition to any lunar collection. Add this spectacular 2018 1/2 oz Silver Year of the Dog coin to your cart today!
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from .9999 fine Silver, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2018 reverse celebrates the Year of the Dog. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Dog include 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006 and 2018. Those born in these years are said to be loyal, amiable, kind and friendly.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.