Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
With a mintage capped at 50,000 coins, this Lunar Year of the Dog privy Kookaburra touts a much lower mintage than the regular 1 oz Silver Kookaburra. The MS-70 PCGS Kook label coins feature a population of 507 coins, drastically lower than the total population of PCGS MS-70 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- First Strike designation guarantees your coin was struck in the first 30 days of being released.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect MS-70 condition.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a kookaburra flying in the night sky. A small privy portrays Labrador Retriever to mark the Lunar Year of the Dog. The inscription "Australian Kookaburra", The Perth Mint's "P" mintmark and the 2018 year-date are also included in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Silver Kookaburra in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Add this privy marked 2018 Silver Kookaburra to your cart today!
The Perth Mint began issuing Kookaburra coins with a Lunar Privy mark in 2012. The Silver Kookaburra series has been incredibly popular in its own right, establishing a wide base of collectors across the world. This ensures that these coins are easily traded no matter the year!
Privy marks are distinguishing marks, often small, applied to more widely traded bullion coins to make a unique coin that is often in high demand. This coin has a small dog privy mark (for the Lunar Year of the Dog) in the upper left of the iconic Kookaburra coin. With a mintage of only 50,000 coins, this makes the Kookaburra Privy extremely collectible as a Silver bullion coin. Prior year Privy Kookaburras, such as the Goat Privy, Horse Privy, Snake Privy and Dragon Privy, all have remained in high demand as supply dwindles over time and fewer are being offered for sale in the market place.
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||P - Perth|
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jun 25, 2019
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.