- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Housed in protective packaging. Orders of 25 or more coins come in tubes. Orders of 500 coins or more are packaged in Monster Boxes (20 tubes per box).
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 25 pounds.
- Reverse: Designed by Jody Clark, the design features a magnificent yale, with its horns as a focal point.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Display your 1/4 oz Gold Queen's Beasts: The Yale in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Add the seventh coin of this exciting new 10 coin series to your cart today!
When Her Majesty The Queen was crowned in 1953, the entrance to Westminster Abbey was guarded by ten fantastical creatures. The Queen’s Beasts were six-foot tall statues that symbolized the heritage and history Queen Elizabeth II inherited that day. These royal protectors have been brought to life in a collection named in their honor, which began in the year The Queen became the world’s longest reigning living monarch and continues in the year of Her Majesty’s Sapphire Jubilee.
The yale is a mythical beast, described to be the size of a hippopotamus, with the tail of an elephant and jaws of a boar. It descends to The Queen through Henry VII, who inherited it from his mother, Lady Margaret Beaufort. Her position as a matriarch brought the yale prestige and a symbolic meaning. Today, the yale can be seen guarding prominent buildings of education such as Yale University, Christ's College and St. John's College in Cambridge.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Dec 4, 2020
I have been collecting the 1/4 oz. Queens Beast series and only have 1 more, the Greyhound, to complete my set. In my opinion the Queens Beasts are some of the most attractive coins ever minted. I already have the 2oz. silver set and also want the complete set in gold!
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.