- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Each year features a new design, adding collectibility to the .9999 fine Silver content. This year's issue has a limited mintage of 300,000 coins, making them much more collectible as a bullion coin.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule. Multiples of 20 come in sealed rolls, and multiples of 100 come in cardboard boxes with sealed rolls inside.
- Mintage cap of 300,000 coins.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a koala holding onto a tree branch. The inscription "Australian Koala", The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mint mark, the 2020 year-date, and the weight & purity are also included in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Silver Koala in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Koalas are loved around the world, and now you can bring home your very own Silver Koala. Add this 2020 1 oz Silver Koala to your cart today!
Beginning in 2007, the Perth Mint introduced the Silver Koala series in both Gold and Silver. Each year features a different design of this animal that is so strongly associated with Australia. This year features a new Jody Clark effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
Australian Silver Koala coins are produced in both 1 oz and 1 kilogram size, with the mintage of the 1 oz size capped at just 300,000 coins. This makes the Australian Silver Koala one of the most collectible bullion series. The Koala, along with the Kookaburra, Lunar Series, and Kangaroo form what has continued to be a robust line of high quality bullion products from the Perth Mint of Australia.
When early European settlers first encountered koalas in Australia, they thought the tree-climbing animals were monkeys or bears. Even though they're still referred to by some as "koala bears", they're actually marsupials like kangaroos and wombats.
Koalas have special physical characteristics that complement their tree-dwelling lifestyle. They're able to grip branches and pick eucalyptus leaves with their two opposable digits, and their tough skin and sharp claws provide traction in climbing. They even have extra thick fur on their seat so they can sit comfortably on branches for hours! Unique to Australia, these animals are a perfect theme for an iconic coin series.
96% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Sep 11, 2020
Date:May 28, 2020
As a child I loved going to the Zoo to see Koala Bears and Panda bears and loved them. Now I can purchase coins with great works of art on each years coin and collect them. Thanks APMEX for sharing the excellent coins from around the world.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.