- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Features a seated Liberty and headdress similar to that worn by the Statue of Liberty.
- Reverse: Depicts the right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the year of issue and the face value. A scroll-pattern is also featured around the perimeter.
- Sovereign coin backed by St. Helena government.
Protect your investments from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
A lasting tribute to a currency born out of commerce and trade. Add the 2020 Silver French Trade Dollar Restrike coin to your cart today!
To control the money supply in French Indochina in 1885, the French introduced a new Silver Piastre de commerce and associated subsidiary coinage throughout the entire Indo-Chinese colonies in order to increase monetary stability. The piastre was initially equivalent to the Mexican peso. The piastre was therefore a direct lineal descendant of the Spanish pieces of eight that had been brought to the Orient from Mexico on the Manila Galleons. It was initially on a Silver standard of 1 piastre = 24.4935 grams pure Silver. This was reduced to 24.3 grams in 1895.
93% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:May 22, 2020
St Helena coins are my favorite for personal enjoyment. The quality rivals anything I've found from the Perth mint and the designs are very attractive. This design has a bit of history, too, even the coin is a restrike.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.