- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1/4 oz of Silver.
- Packaged in an illustrated blister pack.
- Mintage of 50,000 coins.
- Obverse: The two faces of Janus can be seen, one old and bearded, the other much younger. In the background stand the doors of the temple of Janus in the Roman Forum. Above them a clock face with a starry sky and the sun at one end adorns the coin's edge.
- Reverse: Features an ornate key bearing the year 2021 on its bow.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
This coin is a fantastic New Year's addition to any collection. Add this 2021 Austria Silver €5 New Year's Janus coin to your cart today!
The god Janus holds the key to good luck. Before every undertaking the Ancient Romans would pray for his blessing. Among other things, he was a conciliator between the past and present. The month of January gets its name from him. The Romans would pay homage to Janus on New Year's Day by giving each other coins upon which his two faces were minted: his old one looking back to the past, his young one optimistically looking forward to the future. It is the young face that we need to take inspiration from if we to overcome the exceptional circumstances of the past year. Crises are dictated more by how me deal with events than by the actual events themselves. The recent crisis has been a severe test but we are better off facing it with youthful optimism. In this sense, the New Year coin can inspire us to find the key to a bright future together.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.