- Product Details
- Sell to Us
It’s a chicken and egg situation. Which came to symbolize Easter first, the chicken or the egg from which it emerges? Whatever the correct answer, there are few better metaphors for the new life and rebirth associated with spring and Easter than the sight of a fluffy little chick using its beak to peck a hole through the shell of its egg. An ancient symbol of fertility, the egg was a feature of pagan festivals celebrating spring. For Christians, easter eggs are thought to represent Jesus rising from the dead. But eggs were also eaten by the ancient Persians and Egyptians when celebrating their New Year, which took place in spring. For the chick, the egg is the final step on its journey to our miraculous world; a journey it makes unaware that it is part of that miracle itself. Coin Highlights:
- Contains 1/4 oz of Copper.
- Coin comes in protective plastic.
- Mintage of 200,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the coat of arms of the nine federal provinces of Austria.
- Reverse: Surrounded by spring flowers and with a butterfly floating by its side, a chick emerges from its egg to discover the natural wonders of life.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
Add this 2021 Austria Copper €5 Easter Chick coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.