Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains .25 oz actual Gold weight.
- Limited mintage of 1,000 coins.
- Each coin is housed in a classic display case with a wooden lid. Packaged within a themed shipper, each coin is accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays two effigies of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II within a circle of stylized sun rays. The Raphael Maklouf portrait, which was shown on the 1986-dated Australian Nugget gold coin, appears above Jody Clark’s contemporary depiction of the queen. Also included on the obverse is the coin’s weight, purity, monetary denomination and 2021 year-date.
- Reverse: The 35th anniversary releases portray a representation of Stuart Devlin’s red kangaroo surrounded by symbolic rays of sun. As well as the number 35, the design includes a small representation of the world-famous Welcome Stranger Gold nugget. In deference to the series’ original name, each coin’s reverse incorporates the inscription AUSTRALIAN NUGGET 1986 – 2021 and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
These won't last long, act quick! Commemorate the 35th Anniversary of the Australian Kangaroo Nugget, add this 2021 Australia Kangaroo Nugget Proof to your cart today!
About Australian Nuggets
The Australian Nugget was the first legal tender gold coin program to be manufactured by The Perth Mint since the cessation of sovereign production in 1931. Debuting in 1986 in proof format and 1987 as bullion, the coins were struck in four denominations with designs celebrating historic Australian natural gold nuggets: 1oz – Welcome Stranger; 1/2oz – Hand of Faith; 1/4oz – Golden Eagle; and 1/10oz - Little Hero.
The iconic imagery was created by Stuart Devlin, a world-renowned goldsmith and numismatic designer, whose work also includes the native animal artistry featured on Australian decimal currency. For the 1989 Proof Nugget, Mr Devlin designed a classic reverse depicting a bounding red kangaroo encircled within stylized representations of sun rays. Initiating a run of new annual kangaroo designs by different coin artists that continues to this day, the Australian Nugget was at first informally, and later formally, rechristened the Australian Kangaroo to reflect the new design theme.
Perth Mint Commemorative Coins
APMEX carries many stunning Silver Commemorative coins from The Perth Mint with exciting themes and unique finishes. Experience the animals of The Outback with the Deadly & Dangerous Series or travel back in time to your favorite Western with classic John Wayne coins. Our assortment contains a range in sizes from 1/2 gram to 5 oz coins, making these Australian Commemorative coins attainable for collectors of all budgets.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.