- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The Gold American Eagles are receiving an updated design mid-year 2021 for the first time since their introduction. This mid-year introduction has a very limited supply of coins available at launch, so act now to add this new design to your collection!
The U.S. Mint only sells its bullion coins directly to a small network of authorized purchasers, and APMEX is one of only a few retailers among this exclusive group.
- Each coin contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- This MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® tube contains 20 Gold American Eagle coins for a total Gold weight of 20 oz.
- Each tube features the MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® designation, ensuring it comes directly from the U.S. Mint to you.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, N.Y.
Protect and store your MintDirect® Premier tubes in an official U.S. Mint Monster Box. Ensure your coin is among the highest quality examples by shopping our selection of certified Type 2 Eagles. Add these truly beautiful coins to your cart today!
New 2021 Gold Eagle Design
The United States Mint has unveiled the new reverse designs for the 35th anniversary American Eagle Gold coins. The new reverse design depicts a bold, up-close portrait of an eagle. The obverse has been revised with additional detail from the original design by Augustus Saint-Gaudens to enhance this classic image.
MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike®
APMEX has partnered with PCGS to add the assurance and recognition of the PCGS FirstStrike® designation to the MintDirect® Premier process. After reviewing and vetting the MintDirect® process, PCGS recognizes these 2021 MintDirect® Premier Gold Eagles as meeting their strict requirements for FirstStrike® eligibility if submitted for grading in their original sealed packaging.
APMEX uses a special machine for this sealing process to ensure the products you receive are sealed completely. The mint tubes are placed on the conveyor leading into the machine to seal both ends of each tube with tamper-evident packaging. After the process is completed, the tube is checked to ensure the quality of the packaging meets our standards. You now have a finished tube of MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagle coins.
By using this MintDirect® process, APMEX can guarantee the coins you receive are in the exact condition as they were when they left the U.S. Mint.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.