You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Based on Augustus Saint-Gaudens' 1907 $20 Gold Double Eagle displaying a proud Lady Liberty, the Gold American Eagle has not received an updated design since its induction in 1986. For the first time ever, the 2021 Gold American Eagles received an updated design. APMEX offers PCGS certification to add collectibility to the inaugural issue of the redesign for this popular coin.
- Each coin contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Containing a half oz of Gold and featuring new designs, add this 2021 1/2 oz Gold American Type 2 to your cart today!
Type 2 Gold Eagles
From their initial issue in 1986, the design of the Gold Eagle remained largely unchanged until 2021. However, in 2021, to celebrate the 35th anniversary of this iconic series, the U.S. Mint introduced an all-new reverse design, featuring a bold, up-close portrait of a bald eagle, rendered by Artistic Infusion Program designer Jennie Norris. Eagerly anticipated by collectors, this marks the first ever major design change to the American Gold Eagles in the long history of the series.
PCGS Gold Eagles
Though Gold Eagles are prized by investors for their Gold content and U.S. Treasury backing and collectors are drawn to their attractive design and wide recognition. Collector interest in this issue is particularly high, being the first since 1986 to feature a new design. PCGS, an independent third-party grading service with a trusted 35-year reputation, adds collectible appeal by certifying the authenticity and condition before then encapsulating each coin. APMEX is pleased to offer this release graded MS-70 which indicates an exceptional coin with no perceptible flaws. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.