You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- First Strike designation guarantees your coin was struck in the first 30 days of being released.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect MS-70 condition of your coin.
- Obverse: Features the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Depicts a kookaburra sitting on a branch of a gum tree with leaves and seedpods. Also included in the design is the inscription "AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA," The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark, and the weight and purity. Each coin's reverse includes a security feature in the form of a micro-laser engraved letter within the coin's "AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA" heading. It is only detectable under a magnifying glass.
- Sovereign Silver coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Silver Kookaburra in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The 2022 Silver Kookaburra not only features a gorgeous design, it is also produced in limited mintages which creates a great collectible opportunity. Add the 2022 1 oz Silver Kookaburra graded MS-70 First Strike by PCGS to your cart today!
The Australian Silver Kookaburra series from The Perth Mint began in 1990 and is the longest-running bullion program from the mint. Each year has a different design of a kookaburra on the reverse.
The laughing kookaburra is the largest member of the kingfisher species, and is a bird synonymous with the Australian bush. This bird species is indigenous to Australia and is known for its call, which is said to sound like echoing human laughter.
Not only are designs changed on the bullion coins each year, the Proof designs vary each year as well! Historically, the mintage of each 1 oz bullion Silver Kookaburra coin has been a maximum of 300,000 coins. However, in 2011 the maximum mintage was moved to 500,000 coins to accommodate the very high demand for this series. Compared to other Silver bullion coin series, this mintage is still very small and has helped ensure the collectibility of each coin.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Rick, Go Tigers!
Date:Apr 16, 2022
There are no "cons". Jeez, the Kooks are awesome every year! I have a number of graded myself, but am focusing on adding to my grandson's treasure chest. Lots of Kooks, baby!.... and every single one is gorgeous! Thanks, APMEX, another beauty.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.