You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
However, these MS-70 First Strike coins from PCGS will have a much lower population than the raw coins!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- First Strike designation guarantees your coin was struck in the first 30 days of being released.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect MS-70 condition.
- Obverse: Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a sleepy koala nestled between the branches of a eucalyptus tree. The inscription "Australian Koala," The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark, the 2022 year-date, and the .9999 purity are also featured in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your 1 oz Silver Koala coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Koalas are loved around the world, and now you can bring home your very own Silver Koala. Add this 2022 Australia 1 oz Silver Koala coin graded MS-70 PCGS First Strike to your cart today!
Beginning in 2007, the Perth Mint introduced the Silver Koala series in both Gold and Silver. Each year features a different design of this animal that is so strongly associated with Australia.
Australian Silver Koala coins are produced in both 1 oz and 1 kilogram size, with the mintage of the 1 oz size capped at just 300,000 coins. This makes the Australian Silver Koala one of the most collectible bullion series. The koala, along with the kookaburra, lunar series and kangaroo form what has continued to be a robust line of high quality bullion products from The Perth Mint of Australia.
When early European settlers first encountered koalas in Australia, they thought the tree-climbing animals were monkeys or bears. Even though they're still referred to by some as "koala bears," they're actually marsupials like kangaroos and wombats.
Koalas have special physical characteristics that complement their tree-dwelling lifestyle. They're able to grip branches and pick eucalyptus leaves with their two opposable digits, and their tough skin and sharp claws provide traction in climbing. They even have extra thick fur on their seat so they can sit comfortably on branches for hours! Unique to Australia, these animals are a perfect theme for an iconic coin series.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.