Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The second Generations coin celebrates the tradition of Métis beadwork, which is a proud expression of Métis culture and identity, and an exercise in visual storytelling, as seen on this coin. Today, this centuries-old art form is also a powerful statement of continuity, for each bead contributes to a gorgeous tapestry; that signature craftsmanship is passed down from one generation to the next, inspiring others to create the patterns that stitch together a people’s past, present and future.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Each coin comes in a clamshell box with a black beauty box and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Your coin’s reverse features an engraved rendering of an original floral beadwork pattern by Métis artist Jennine Krauchi, who has weaved together traditional beading elements to tell the story of the Red River Métis. At the base of the design, roots are intertwined with the Red River (“LA RIVYEER ROOZH” in Michif) to represent the Red River Métis homeland and ancestry, while the infinity symbol speaks to the Red River Métis’ eternal and unbreakable spirit. Placed within the river are the Michif words “TAAPWEEYIMISHO” and “TAAPWEEYIMIK LII MICHIF,” which mean, “Believe in yourself” and “Believe in (the) Métis.” The central portion of the design speaks to a period of repression and loss, but the prairie rose—a classic Métis motif—represents the survival of the Red River Métis and a cultural resurgence. Long stems adorned with “mouse tracks,” leaves and flower buds fill the pattern with a sense of love and joy.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your Silver in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
Celebrate the everlasting heritage of the Red River Métis. Add this 2022 Canada 1 oz Silver Red River Métis coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.