Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Platinum to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Limited mintage of only 5,000 coins worldwide.
- PCGS encapsulation certifies the perfect MS-70 grade of the coin. The coin is housed in a slab with our exclusive red label for the Perth Lunar Series III.
- First Strike designation guarantees this was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the weight and fineness, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a leaping rabbit among grasses with feathery plumes. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for "rabbit," the inscription "RABBIT 2023" and The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark.
- The coin’s reverse includes a security feature in the form of a micro-laser engraved letter within the design. It is only detectable under a magnifying glass.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your 2023 1 oz Australia 1 oz Platinum Lunar Rabbit in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Platinum can be a great way to diversify any investment portfolio. Add this 2023 1 oz Australia Platinum Lunar Rabbit MS-70 PCGS First Strike coin to your cart today!
The Mint Perth Lunar Series
A landmark coin series of the highest regard, The Perth Mint Platinum coins package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program. Struck by the historic Perth Mint in .9995 fine Platinum since 2020, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity. The Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese lunar calendar. Today, The Perth Mint Lunar coins are available in multiple sizes in Gold, Silver and Platinum.
Lunar Year of the Rabbit
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series III collection continues the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2023 reverse celebrates the Year of the Rabbit. Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar rabbit in 2023, 2011, 1999, 1987, 1975 and every 12th preceding year are said to be intelligent, creative, vigilant and compassionate.
History of Platinum
Historically, Platinum has been the more expensive metal than Gold. In fact, Platinum is actually 30 times rarer than Gold. Platinum is so rare that it is mined in a few deposits around the world with South Africa making up 80% of the total reserve. Platinum is often referred to the Rich Man’s Gold due its prestigious uses in jewelry. Platinum is more frequently used for industrial purposes such as catalytic converters. Today, Platinum trades lower than Gold, even though it is much rarer than its counterpart, which is why many investors have turned to Platinum for their investment needs.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.