|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 2,000.
- APMEXclusive® series.
- Housed in TEP-RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the round's finish along with included Charlie Brown style card.
- Obverse: Depicts an officially licensed classic colorized comic strip scene of a melancholy Charlie Brown contemplating life while laying back against the kite-eating tree as it chomps on his kite. Below is the Peanuts® Worldwide® copyright.
- Reverse: Displays the officially licensed Peanuts® logo along with the following characters from left to right: Pig-Pen, Schroeder, Franklin, Woodstock, Sally Brown, Charlie Brown, Lucy Van Pelt, Peppermint Patty and Marcie.
Protect your Peanuts® Silver rounds from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order today. An easy way to store these rounds is in the 10-count storage box. Add this convenient box to your order. If you want to order more than 10, we also have a 20-count storage box.
Whether you are a collector, gift-giver or a Peanuts® fan, these rounds are a great way to celebrate the start of spring and a Peanuts® classic. Add this Peanuts® Kite-Eating Tree 1 oz colorized Silver round to your cart today!
Peanuts® and The Kite-Eating Tree
The kite-eating tree made its first appearance in the Peanuts® comic strip on April 12, 1956, when Charlie Brown's kite got stuck in its branches. Though it wasn't yet called the kite-eating tree at the time, it would officially get that name in the comic on March 14, 1965. Charles Schulz considered the kite-eating tree to be one of the 12 major set pieces of the Peanuts® comic. For Charlie Brown, the tree represented defeat, as his kites always ended up tangled in its branches, but it also challenged his unwavering determination as he continued to attempt to fly kites despite the tree's mischief.
Over time, the kite-eating tree took on the persona of a mindless eating machine, devouring anything that landed in its branches and even making munching sounds. It became a recurring obstacle for Charlie Brown and his friends, even gobbling up Schroeder's piano when Lucy threw it into the tree after she became fed up for being ignored. The kite-eating tree has effectively been a minor character in Peanuts®, known for its mischievous antics and adding a playful element to the strip.
From its humble beginnings as a tree that snagged Charlie Brown's kite to its portrayal as a mischievous eating machine, the kite-eating tree remains a memorable and beloved character in the Peanuts® universe, representing the never-ending resilience of Charlie Brown and his unwavering determination to keep trying, even in the face of setbacks. APMEX has released Silver and Gold rounds commemorating the kite-eating tree for Peanuts® fans and investors alike to enjoy.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.